Single-use Plastic Free. Our Mission Statement.
At Hornington Manor we are passionate about the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside that surrounds us, and we are determined to keep it that way.
In recent years, we have become incredibly aware of the impact our waste has on the environment both locally and globally, and we are prepared to take huge steps to improve that.
Single use plastics are a part of almost everything we buy and consume as a business, and of course as a nation. Our mission is to eradicate single-use plastics at Hornington Manor by 2022.
We have broken down this process in to stages and the first few stages below have already been actioned-
Stage 1– Plastic cups- we now use biodegradable paper cups.
Stage 2– plastic straws- we now use biodegradable paper straws
Stage 3– plastic water bottles- we now use reusable aluminum water flasks.
We still have a long way to go and the below list outlines our next projects-
– Milk bottles- by 2018
– Breakfast packaging- including bacon, sausage, yoghurts, bread, pastries- by 2019
– Fruit packaging- both consumed within the Manor and used as garnish behind the bar- by 2019
– Bin bags- by 2019
– Cleaning products- including sprays, bleach, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, toilet roll and kitchen roll packaging- by 2020
– Clean linen packaging- by 2021
– Bar stock packaging- by 2022
We will update this statement as we make progress.
If you have any questions or would like more information on how you too could reduce your plastic waste, we would love to hear from you!